Business License

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
RS Chandler

The City of Rolling Hills Estates Municipal Code provides that every business operating in the City of Rolling Hills Estates is required to file a Business License Tax application prior to the start of business and pay the annual tax each year thereafter. This ordinance applies to businesses operating at a commercial or residential location within the City, or any business using a City of Rolling Hills Estates address or Post Office box for receiving mail. Businesses based out of the City of Rolling Hills Estates who are conducting activity in the city (for example: contractors, consultants, landscape maintenance companies) must also file an application.

Business Licensing

The City of Rolling Hills Estates is using the professional services of Avenu Insights & Analytics for all business licenses’ processing, payment services, and issuing of licenses. 

 Apply or Renew License  Report Unlicensed Business  Check a Contractor's License
To Apply or Renew today,
click the button above.
If your business is
within the City
of Rolling Hills Estates,
you must register for a
Business License. 
Avenu Insights & Analytics 
has been retained by the 
City of Rolling Hills Estates
identify all businesses that may 
be operating in the City without 
a business license. To report a
business contact Cameron Hall,
Code Compliance Officer at
310-377-1577 ext. 104
To search for a contractor's license,
click the button above.
The State of California's
Department of Consumer 
Affairs Contractors State 
License Board (CSLB) protects 
California consumers by 
licensing and regulating 
the state's construction industry.


If you prefer to mail in your business license application or renewal, you can do so at the following mailing address:

City of Rolling Hills Estates
c/o Avenu Insights & Analytics
373 E. Shaw Ave., Box 367
Fresno, CA 93710
(866) 240-3665
Fax (855) 219-4338

For Questions or Help with your business license or renewal, please contact  Avenu Insights & Analytics by calling or emailing the following:


Reminder, all business licenses expire on December 31 regardless of when you obtained your license.  However, businesses have until January 31 to renew their business license without any late fees.

The City Must Provide Information Regarding Disability Access Laws:
State CASp Fee:
“Under federal and state law, compliance with disability access laws is a serious and significant responsibility that applies to all California building owners and tenants with buildings open to the public." You may obtain information about your legal obligations and how to comply with disability access laws at the following agencies:
The Division of the State Architect at
The Department of Rehabilitation at
The California Commission on Disability Access at